Tuesday, May 25, 2010

US Soccer: USA v. CZE International Friendly

I think the Czechs are due for a good dusting. Why not us? I’m sick of those guys. That 3:0 match in Germany ’08 where that 40 yard Rosicky bomb broke my heart. The 5:1 drubbing in Italia ’90 where someone must have said something to Wynalda about his momma, because he hit a dude and got sent off for his trouble.

Having gotten that out of my system, I think that if Coach Bob does this right, and the Czechs field their first team we are probably more likely to lose. I think Coach Bob should get a last look at the bubble guys and be certain who should remain on with the team through the World Cup Finals. I think it’s worth sacrificing a result to figure this out. If the Czechs field their reserves, our ‘B’ guys could very well make a game of it or at least make it clear who isn’t comfortable playing up when it’s World Cup time.

Good wholesome exercise in the sun never hurt nobody either…except in rather extreme cases involving skin cancer…

I hope no one from either side gets hurt.

About teams from Eastern Europe:

The tackles are “no nonsense” – our boys might want to leap over those.

Look out for the counter. Granted that is a de rigueur sort of thing now in football, but that is the bread and butter of the Eastern European game. Thus managing risk by not taking so many risks. Better to punish us when we risk pushing up numbers and lose the ball.

If we lose the ball we may not be seeing it again for quite some time.

No comments: