Friday, May 20, 2011

FIFA and/or EA Sports must really hate the United States









So I was at home, hangin’ out playing FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa for XBox 360. You might ask “Why?”. I would answer that my FIFA 2011 game disc is useless now because of small fractures that occur when placing the game disc on its spindle in the case, and when taking the game disc off of said spindle. It’s the second time that I have had a disc damaged this way. At $60 a go, and no way to really contact anyone at the company it’s a bit irritating. But I digress. We’re here to talk about FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa. Good news! I won the World Cup with America....wOOt! Won fair and square Portugal 0:2 United States...it was awesome. So I wanted to see if I had won the Golden Boot for Jozy Altidore. Apparently not. Apparently he had only scored the two goals in the final, and that’s all. I knew that couldn’t be true, so I checked the team stats for United States. It turns out that the game records indicated that NO ONE Had scored a goal other than Jozy scoring his two in the Final. This is impossible. Also for what is probably the first time in the history of the World Cup (video game or real-life) no one from the championship side was selected to the All-Tournament team or won either the Gold Ball, Silver Ball, or Bronze Ball. Weird eh? Skeptical?...I thought you’d be, so I made some photographs of the screens to prove it. FIFA and/or EA Sports...shame on you. Do you really feel the need to blot out American achievements even in a video game? We yanks have been unable to win the actual World Cup Finals...could you at least let us dream of doing it?

p.s. - It’s hurtful when the game news text in FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa keeps saying that every team in the world should beat the USA...You would like to think America's recent positive results against Argentina, Spain, & England would entitle the USA to a little bit of football respect...apparently not.

No comments: